* SANTARRUFINA FAÇADE (S. XIX)
* SANTARRUFINA FAÇADE (S. XXI)
Established in 1887 by Mr. Pablo Arteaga and his partner, a priest, called D. Maximiliano at the very same location it currently occupies and under the name of Casa Arteaga it was dedicated to selling religious articles. In 1924, Pablo Artega passes away and the name changes to Casa Clero. In 1936, with the Spanish Civil War, it stops operating temporarily (Madrid is in the republican part of Spain and everything related to religion is prosecuted) and it becomes a propaganda centre for the PCE (Spanish Communist Party). D. Maximiliano is executed by firearm during the war and at the end of it, his former employees, José Santarrufina and Francisco Heras, carry on with the company, already under the name of Santarrufina. Afterwards, in 1972 it is sold to the Oriol family and finally it is acquired by the Molina Salazar family (sacred art manufacturers), current owners of this emblematic enterprise in Madrid.
"The original façade, catalogued and protected by the City Council of Madrid, remains in perfect conditions, decorated with remarkable glass displays by Matías Melchor who also decorated the banners and parchments of the company".
For over 125 years Santarrufina has been executing projects both of new creation and restorations of all sorts of religious articles and Liturgical Objects in Metalware, Imaginery, Vestments, Textiles, etc. and several elements as Glass Windows and Pipe Organs are still carried out with the same quality and production methods used from the 17th century. Countless of its jobs can be found worldwide in Parishes, Chapels, Oratories, Monasteries, Brotherhoods, Convents, etc.
This company has been rewarded from several public and private organizations with distinctions such as:
• Traditional Establishment of Madrid awarded by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Madrid in 1980.
• Special acknowledgment from the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in June 1987.
• Centenary Company, awarded in 2012 by the City Council of Madrid.